Sometimes to be a better you, it takes the “powers of reinvention” to achieve not only a boost of confidence but also helps you get into the swing of positivity. Life comes with many difficult situations and sometimes those situations tend to “leave their mark”, however, to surround yourself with positive people is just the start of greatness.
In this post, we’d like to share some tips on how you can reinvent yourself through fashion and beyond!
What is it about clothes and wearing it right that makes us feel so good?
Clothes and accessories have a way of boosting confidence especially when it’s worn right and suited to your body type.
1 – Take a leap of faith outside of your comfort zone
Your comfort zone is the space that you’re comfortable with, almost like a safety net. Stepping out of it takes guts and a sense of bravery as this may require you to make changes, sometimes drastic to get the required results. Try a fashion style that you’ve always liked but were too afraid or felt intimidated by it.
2 – Try and try again
There might be aspects of style and fashion that you love but it may not all work for you the way you thought it would, but that doesn’t mean that you should give up. Try again, until you find what works best for you.
3 – Choose more colour
It’s always easy to play it stay safe with neutral colours, but there are many colours out there and those that fit perfectly with every skin tone. Add more colour to your wardrobe. You could start with colour accessories such as your bag and jewellery. Alternatively, you could also choose garments with colour patterns while keeping your jewellery neutral.
4 – Go for a new look
So, you’ve been wearing jeans and trainers nearly all the time to run errands such as taking the kids to school for example. Try to change your look. You don’t have to wear trainers and jeans to be comfortable, as a pair of flat pumps and trousers can do the comfort trick too. Changing your look may not only refer to the clothes in your wardrobe but also your hairstyle and type of accessories.
5 – Try new makeup
As you would adapt to changing your clothes or wardrobe, you can also try new ways of makeup applications, for example, you’ve never worn a cateye before, so now’s the time to change. You could also go for bold red lips if you’ve always stuck to neutrals or “barely there’s.” There are numerous makeup tutorials to help guide you with your perfect look. Some salons and cosmetic providers offer easy courses that you can do at home.
Bonus tips to help you reinvent yourself
Reinventing yourself takes more than just the outward appearance, although the outward appearance does set the tone for first impressions. However, when reinventing yourself you can go steps further and delve deeper into your change by addressing these factors:
- Surround yourself with the right people – You want to start surrounding yourself with people who will support you and most of all are positive about your change and life itself. The right people may also help you find that next best job.
- Start your day early – If you run a busy schedule, finding the time to get more done can be a challenge. However, when you start your day early, you’ll find that you have more time to spare after having completed your main activities. The quiet of the morning is a great way to tap into focus.
- Don’t stop learning – When you reinvent yourself you shouldn’t stop learning more, as it’s during this time you can give yourself the opportunity to better yourself in your new niche, or career choice.
- Find a good mentor – Sometimes it’s just better to learn from a mentor. They can help you find more direction and assess situations with their own “seasoned” abilities.
- Take it slowly – Sure, while you’re in the buzz of reinventing yourself, you sometimes wish things would happen sooner than later. The key to success is to take things one-step at a time and always remember “To eat an elephant, you need to eat it slice by slice” or “one bite at a time”.
Your personal stylist can help you find the wardrobe and fashion aspects you need to reinvent yourself.