No matter what the fashion magazines say, we know there is no easy approach to style. As an individual you know what looks good on you, maybe those wide leg pants that made you look slim and tall, or that wrap dress that makes you feel confident and gorgeous. But there is never a bad time to learn about what looks best on your body type.
There are a number of different physiques ranging from hourglass, pear, apple, or banana; there are many more. And with the knowledge we have to offer, you can look more beautiful. This can be achieved via using a cut out dress to highlighting the flattering part of your body, or by balancing your body with flared jeans. Let’s not forget that we can offer you ideas that you might have thought about!
We are certain, that we can help you achieve the right look according to your body type!
Hour Glass Shape
If you are curvy but have a tiny waist you are definitely an hourglass. Your goal is to highlight curves, that can be done by emphasizing your waist. You can try:
- Belt Jumper – a belted jumper is the ideal way to show off your skinny waist.
- Crop Top – a crop top paired with pencil skirt offers a great look!
- Pencil Skirt – it will help accentuate your curves, and help give a smoothed look.
- Wrap Dress – a V-neck will flatter your bust, and help feature your waist and hips.
When your hips are the same size as your waist, and you are not curvy, your body shape is banana. You should highlight the thinnest part of your waist, this will allow your bust and hips to look larger.
- Ruffled Top – will help your bust look larger, and your waist look smaller in comparison.
- Outerwear – wear jackets that cinch at the bottom.
- Side-cutout Dress – it helps in making you look curvier, and your waist looks smaller than your hips and bust.
- Tapered Trousers – they give the illusion of more proportioned hips.
if you feature a slim lower body, but carry weight around the middle area of your body you body shape is an apple. Try to minimize the midsection of your body by highlighting your legs and shoulders. You can try:
- Swing Coat – it will offer a flattering look to apple shaped body women.
- High-waisted Skirt – the waistband will fit on the smaller part of your torso, and help flare out over your stomach.
- Shift Dress – it will help you conceal your body, and give you ample opportunity to show off your legs.
- Low-Waisted Straight-leg Pants – these will help avoid stomach bulge
If your hips are the widest part of your body, your body shape is a pear. You must balance your figure by highlighting your bust.
- Fit-and-flare – bare shoulders will help take attention away from your lower body, and it will help highlight the smallest part of your waist.
- Structured Jacket – it will help keep the attention towards the top half of your body, and give your shoulder area more structure.
- A-Line Skirt – it will help emphasize the smallest waist part, and create a flare over your hip area.
- Boot-cut Trousers – it helps kill two birds with one stone, it helps draw attention away from your hips, and makes them look proportioned.